Categories

Friday, January 4, 2013

Gracie

"
"Gracie," oil on canvas.

This is my first painting of the new year, however I started the painting in 2011.  Gracie has been sitting behind my easel all this time, and has suffered a few minor spills of painting medium, coffee, and a tiny splatter of gesso.  She is painted on some of the remainder pre-gessoed canvas I bought several years ago at Plaza Art Supply in Bethesda, Maryland.  I have a whole lot of that canvas around, and as I have mentioned before, it gets taped to masonite before I start painting.  Not very elegant, but it is fast when I just want to start a piece just to paint something.

The palette for this piece consists of the following colors: Burnt Umber, Raw Sienna, Flake White, a very small touch of Zinc White, Ultramarine Blue, and Indian Red.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Categories